[MCN] Winter Creative Music Ensemble Now Enrolling

Lakebottom Sound lakebottomsound at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:43:46 EST 2020

Lakebottom Sound is excited to offer another round of our Creative Music
Ensemble in collaboration with Wave & Circuit and ESP! Enrollment is now
open.

A 10 week series culminating in a performance the week of April 6.

Mondays, February 3 - April 6
7:30-9:00 pm at Wave & Circuit (829 S. Higgins)
Email lakebottomsound at gmail.com to enroll

A small ensemble class focusing on the elements of playing music as a
cohesive group. Drawing from Jazz and other improvised music traditions, we
will develop musicianship skills like rhythm/groove, improvisation,
listening, interacting, expressing, soloing, accompanying, dynamics,
theory, and phrasing. Throughout the series, we will workshop several
pieces, which students will then perform in a session-end performance.

Students must have basic proficiency on their instrument/voice including
being able to keep time, have some knowledge of all 12 major keys, and be
willing to improvise and listen.

Email lakebottomsound at gmail.com to make sure you are a good fit for this
ensemble. We ask that students commit to the whole series and come on time.

Fee: $300 for 10 weeks of ensemble classes ending in a performance
(scholarships and sliding scale available)

Registration for this ensemble requires payment in full by the first
meeting of the session (unless special arrangements have been made).
Payments can be made by cash, VenMo (@NaomiMoon) or check (made out to
Naomi Siegel). Tuition not received in full by the first meeting of a
session will incur additional $10 charge per week. Refunds cannot be given
once classes/ensembles have begun.

Building Community by Truly Valuing Musicians And Their Craft
FreeSessions Every First Sunday at Imagine Nation Brewing Co.

Naomi Siegel
Founder and Artistic Director
Lakebottom Sound
617 290 0639