[MCN] Xc ski trip to Lake Como on Saturday

Erin Clark ecbasil at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:46:32 EST 2020

The Montana Wilderness Association offers free guided hikes, as well as snowshoe, cross-country ski, and other adventures throughout the year. A trip offered this coming Saturday, February 1st still has spots for participants. Details are below. Come out and join us!

Location: Lake Como ski trails
Miles/Difficulty: 4-5 miles/moderately strenuous
Leaders: Rachel Garwin and Erin Clark

Last winter grooming returned to the trails south of Lake Como. Together we'll enjoy this trail system that has been re-opened for use by x-country skiers, snowshoers, fat bikers, and dog sleds. This will be an out and back trip on cross-country skis with occasional views across the Bitterroot Valley. There is some elevation gain at the start of the system, so skiers should be comfortable with hills, as we will have a half-mile downhill glide to enjoy to return to the parking area. Participants will need to provide their own xc ski gear. Carpools from Missoula (9am) and Hamilton (10am) will be arranged.

Register to participate here: https://impact.wildmontana.org/event/lake-como-cross-country-ski/e261630

See other winter adventures being offered across the state at https://wildmontana.org/walks

Questions? Reach out to Erin at 406-823-0477.