[MCN] Big Sky Film Fest Zero Waste Deputy Volunteer Opportunity

Lundquist, Sarah sarah.lundquist at umconnect.umt.edu
Thu Jan 30 16:59:02 EST 2020

Greetings, Missoula!

The Big Sky Documentary Film Festival<http://www.bigskyfilmfest.org/> (Feb. 14-23) is seeking volunteers to join our Zero Waste Deputy Squad! Throughout the festival, this outstanding team will help with:

  *   Setting up and maintaining Zero Waste Stations
  *   Educating attendees about how to properly use Zero Waste Stations
  *   Weighing and recording the amount of trash, recycling, and compost generated at events
  *   Hauling recycling to Republic Recycling (3207 W Broadway St)
  *   Collecting mugs from parties and washing them at the ZACC (216 W Main St)

Scheduling is flexible based on Deputy availability. Events typically take place between 11am and 11pm each day; Zero Waste Stations will need to be checked on a couple times per day. Contact Sarah Lundquist at sarah.lundquist at umontana.edu to sign up, and we will be in touch to coordinate scheduling.

There will be two volunteer orientations: Wednesday Feb. 12 at 12pm, and Wednesday Feb. 12 at 5:30pm at the Roxy. Deputies are expected to attend one of these orientations.

In exchange for their service, Zero Waste Deputies will receive one All-Access Pass! This permits free entrance to all events, screenings, and parties throughout the festival.

Please note: Deputies will be floating and hauling materials between venues, so access to reliable transportation is required. Pickup or hatchback vehicle recommended, it can get messy.

About the festival: The Big Sky Documentary Film Festival is an annual 10-day festival taking place each February in downtown Missoula. The festival draws an audience of 20,000, hosts over 200 visiting artists from every corner of the globe, presents an average of 150 non-fiction films, and offers a variety of exciting events at the historic theater The Wilma and neighboring downtown Missoula venues.

More than 200 volunteers help make the festival possible every year. The Zero Waste Deputy is a new volunteer position created to help us grow our Towards Zero Waste (TZW) Initiative<http://www.bigskyfilmfest.org/festival/toward_zero_waste/>, an event-wide effort to minimize the environmental footprint of the festival, increase awareness of environmental issues, and provide a model for other film festivals in the industry at large. Help us reach our zero waste goals by becoming a Zero Waste Deputy today!