[MCN] Press Release - Habitat Gets Musical: Introducing New Director, New Fundraising Effort

Hannah McDaniel hannah at habitatmsla.org
Tue Jul 21 12:22:40 EDT 2020

For Immediate Release

Contact: Hannah McDaniel

hannah at habitatmsla.org

406-549-8210

*New Habitat For Humanity Director Named, Unique Raffle Underway *

*Heather Harp lends piano skills to fundraising efforts*

Missoula, MT July 2020 – 2020 has led to massive changes around the globe,
and the local Habitat for Humanity office is stepping up. In March, Heather
Harp, who holds a position on City Council was named Habitat for Humanity
of Missoula (Habitat)’s new Executive Director. Hitting the ground running,
Harp is trying out a new angle for Habitat’s largest fundraising effort of
the year; a raffle prize selection with the addition of a private
lawn-chair piano concert, played by Harp.

“Joining and leading Habitat’s mission in Missoula has been a wonderfully
exciting experience so far,” says Heather, “but not without its challenges.
One of our biggest challenges is consistently raising awareness and funds.
I’m delighted to lend my skills to our fundraiser and also offer something
that we’ve been missing out on as Missoulians - a chance to gather and
connect through music.”

Sponsored by the Good Food Store, Habitat’s “Stay Home for Habitat” Raffle
helps make families’ dreams of homeownership a reality by bringing in funds
through ticket sales. Participants print and mail a form from
habitatmsla.org <http://www.habitatmsla.org> for a chance to win one of
seven prize packages full of local gift certificates and items, many of
which are donated.

“The raffle is unique in that we’ve created a way for individuals and
families to actively support our mission from the comfort of their own
living space, while bringing their attention to the many local activities
and businesses that help make our community a great place to call home,”
says Habitat Communications Director, Hannah McDaniel.

Tickets are $10 each or five for $40. Winners will be notified by phone
after the drawing on August 7th. Visit www.habitatmsla.org to participate.

Proceeds from the raffle support the continuation of Habitat’s
participatory homebuilding program. Habitat builds multiple homes each year
in partnership with local families. These homes are then sold to the
families who helped construct them through a special mortgage program that
keeps payments within 30% of the family’s income.

####

*About Habitat for Humanity Missoula:* Since 1991 Habitat has been building
simple, durable homes alongside local families earning 40 to 80% of the
median area income. These homes are then sold to the families who helped
construct them through a unique program to keep payments within the
family’s means. This process, called Habitat’s 30-30-0-250 mortgage
program, allows families to purchase a 30-year mortgage, with payments set
at 30% of their income, zero interest, and the contribution of 250 hours of
“sweat equity” work as the home is built.

This year Habitat is constructing two homes, the organization’s 58th and 59
th in Missoula County, alongside the Lumona family of six and the Grados
family of three. The Lumona family home is also Habitat’s 9th in the
Franklin to the Fort neighborhood while the Grados family home is Habitat’s
first in East Missoula.

Habitat for Humanity of Missoula’s office and retail location, the Habitat
ReStore, are located at 3655 MT Highway 200 East, Missoula, MT 59802. For
more information, call 549-8210 or visit www.habitatmsla.org
*Hannah McDaniel*
Communications & Grants Director - Habitat for Humanity of Missoula, MT