[MCN] Participate in a Community Photo Project: Reserve Street Corridor Through Your Eyes

Rachel Gooen rgooen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:19:19 EDT 2020

Reserve Street Corridor Through Your Eyes

No one knows the Reserve Street Corridor as you do. That’s why we need to
see it through your eyes. Help create better experiences by showing us what
it looks like to live, work, shop, travel and more along the Reserve Street
Corridor.

When asking, “What will improve people’s experience with the Reserve Street
Corridor?”, the Missoula Metropolitan Planning Organization is looking at
safety, access, comfort, and livability while considering current
experiences and expectations of residents, shoppers, employees, and those
who travel through the Reserve Street Corridor. That’s why we need to see
your perspective in a Participatory Photo Project.

It’s easy and fun! Here’s how it works.

>From July 27th – August 15th, take photos - ideally three to seven - of
your experiences and upload them to a map. That’s all you need to do!

Photos will be collected in a map that our team will use to understand what
the Reserve Street Corridor looks like through your eyes to help us
understand what would be an improved experience for all.

Use this link:  https://bit.ly/3ePQYA4
To upload pictures and participate.  Consent forms and rules are found on
the link as well.

WHERE:

>From Highway 93/Brooks North to Broadway/Grant Greek/Interstate 90, 3
blocks West and East of Reserve

General Guidelines:

Add captions explaining the photo. Why that location and what does it mean
to you?

Do not drive and take photos.

Share whatever is important to you within common sense, meaning without
vulgarity, profanity, nudity, etc.

Avoid photos with identifiable children. Pictures of the back of heads or
playing in the distance are ok, so long as they can’t be identified.

Take images within the defined locations mentioned above.

Please ask neighbors, friends, anyone that lives in or uses the Reserve
Street Corridor to join you.  More diverse perspectives help our planners
design for all needs.

Don’t Have A Camera In Your Phone? You Can Still Participate.

If you don’t have a phone with a camera and want to participate, call (406)
552-6629 to tell us your story. We want to hear your story. Leave a one to
two-minute message about what you saw, where it was, and what it means to
you. Give us a sense of how this influenced your experience with the
Reserve Street Corridor. Kindly, do not leave complaints about Reserve
Street.

Thank you for helping design neighborhoods that work well for all.

--
*Rachel Gooen, MSW*
*5th House Consulting*
*r <rgooen at gmail.com>achel at 5thhouseconsulting.com