[MCN] Seeking Host Family for 17 year old girl from Kumamoto, Japan

Sarah Smith smaigin at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 00:31:25 EDT 2020

Hello Missoula friends,

I'm the local coordinator for Greenheart Exchange looking for an amazing host family for an amazing young woman from Kumamoto, Japan hoping to come to Missoula for the upcoming high school year. I know we are living in uncertain times right now, but more than ever I believe we can still open our hearts and homes to young people hoping to experience a year abroad here in Montana. We are living in strange times with much that is unknown, but our individual actions and ability to connect and make room in our hearts and homes for one more is a terrific act of love.
Greenheart students come with their own spending money and health insurance; host families are expected to provide 3 meals a day, a bed/room of their own (they can share a bedroom with a host sibling of same-sex), transportation to and from school, and most importantly an open and loving home to treat them as one of their own and share their lives for a 10 month home stay. Greenheart Exchange is open and inclusive in its host families.
Montana and Kumamoto are sister-states, as part of a special agreement, each year one or two Kumamoto students come for a year of exchange in Missoula. This year we have a 17 year old girl who will be entering as a senior in high school. She is a dedicated student, an excellent swimmer and badminton player, who's passionate about airplane travel and watching planes. She dreams of becoming an air traffic controller or possibly a flight attendant.  She comes from an active family of 4 with an 14 year old sister. She has studied Montana a bit and would love to be able to visit Glacier or Yellowstone. This will be here first time traveling abroad and she is so excited to share her Japanese culture and improve her English.

Please contact me, Sarah Smith, if you are interested... or even curious to hear more information.
406.270.1811
smaigin at yahoo.com
Host an Exchange Student | Host | Greenheart Exchange

|  |  |

|  |
Host an Exchange Student | Host | Greenheart Exchange

Bring the world to your community by hosting an international student with Greenheart Exchange!