[MCN] "I can't breathe" -- if ocean fish could speak

Annie Heuscher annie.heuscher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:41:48 EDT 2020

I realize that this listserv has become anemic in recent years, but I'm
surprised that no one responded to this email from Lance Olsen. Lance, it
is so completely unacceptable that you capitalized on George Floyd's death
in the subject line of your email. That is crass and deeply problematic.

I would hope that it has become apparent to you over the past several years
that your domination of this listserv has rendered it completely unutilized
by others in the community. While I'm sure your emails are sent with
helpful intent, what used to be a vibrant listserv sharing housing,
activism opportunities, job opportunities, and issues of community concern
has seemed to become your personal platform for sending 2-3 articles per
day. Many days, you are the only person sending emails to the listserv. I
know that this issue has been raised before and that the admin jumped on
the back of those who commented on your overuse of this list but I would
strongly encourage you to cut back dramatically on your emails to this
listserv (1-2 emails per *month *would be reasonable and would compare
fairly with others' usage of the listserv) and for those emails you do
send, I would ask that you never again take advantage of the Black Lives
Matter movement and the death of black people at the hands of police
brutality for spreading your message.

Message: 3