[MCN] Fixit Clinic - Saturday, March 7th @ Home ReSource

Hillary Sward hillary at homeresource.org
Mon Mar 2 11:32:47 EST 2020

Good morning Missoulians!  Are you starting to spring clean and stumbling
across a few things that are in need of a little TLC? Join Home ReSource
<https://www.homeresource.org/> and partners at our next Fixit Clinic this
Saturday!

At our family-friendly Fixit Clinics, volunteer Fixit Coaches can help you
repair broken, worn, or malfunctioning stuff.  A Fixit Clinic is a "pop-up"
event where people bring their broken belongings to learn how to repair
them. Trying to fix something can be intimidating! Everyone is welcome. No
repair experience required. Volunteer Fixit Coaches will be there to help
you.

Fixit Clinics are fun, hands-on events that demystify technology, empower
people with simple repair know-how, and push back against the norms of our
unsustainable disposable culture. As part of the growing global Right to
Repair movement, these clinics invite us to think critically about our
relationship to consumption and demonstrate how repair is a way to reduce
the global burdens related to resource extraction and waste.

Head to the Zero By Fifty Website
<https://www.zerobyfiftymissoula.com/events> for more information!

Thanks to our Fixit Clinic partners! Local Indigenous Network Collective
(LINC) <https://www.montanalinc.org/>, Missoula Public Library Makerspace
<https://www.missoulapubliclibrary.org/makerspace>, & MUD
<https://mudproject.org/>. This is a ZERO by FIFTY: Missoula's Pathway to
Zero Waste <http://zerobyfiftymissoula.com/> event.

--
*Hillary Sward | *Pronouns: She/Her
Zero Waste Educator

*We envision a just and vibrant world built on the principles of
sustainability where the potential of people, community, and materials is
realized.*