[MCN] Friday, March 6, join the Double Strike: Renewables Now/People Over Pipelines” on Russell Street

Winona winonas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:29:52 EST 2020

DOUBLE #CLIMATESTRIKE THIS FRIDAY, 12-1 P.M.
This Friday, March 6, 12-1 p.m., join other Missoulians for “Double Strike:
Renewables Now/People Over Pipelines” in Missoula. RSVP and Share Facebook
Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2265075200453330/

These two strikes will take place across the street from each other on
Russell: Join the “Renewables Now” #climatestrike
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/climatestrike> at NorthWestern Energy,
1903 Russell St, OR join strikers across the street at the “People Over
Pipelines” strike at Wells Fargo bank, 1800 S Russell St (strikers will be
on the Russell side of bank almost directly across from NorthWestern
Energy).

The “People Over Pipelines” strike is meant to show our opposition to the
Keystone XL pipeline which is being fast-tracked through northeastern
Montana this spring. We are also standing in solidarity with Montanans
rallying in opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline in Great Falls on Friday
as well, where one of the lawsuits challenging the KXL (with plaintiffs
Sierra Club, Northern Plains Resource Council, Natural Resources Defense
Center, Bold Alliance, and Friends of the Earth) is scheduled for a hearing
in federal district court. Sign our petition to show your opposition (
https://livableclimate.org/keystone-xl
<https://livableclimate.org/keystone-xl?fbclid=IwAR00eWp78jHt39T8k8yCGcD_id9TScom-oD6qsoE0lIvF9ruKMdTvNwrYeU>)
and join us on Friday!

The ongoing “Renewables Now” strike at NorthWestern Energy shines a
spotlight the future most Montanans desire (clean, renewable energy) and on
the lack of leadership from NorthWestern. NorthWestern Energy could be
leading our state in renewable energy development and helping to build a
bright future for all Montanans. But instead, they are discounting the
impacts of the climate crisis on Montana families, and doubling down on
coal and fossil fuel infrastructure, to reap more profits at the expense of
our pocketbooks and our futures.

This is not the time to be building fossil fuel infrastructure! Make your
voice heard. Questions? Email livableclimate at gmail.com.