[MCN] Youth Peacemaker Award

Carol Schwartz Programs at jrpc.org
Thu Mar 5 16:53:53 EST 2020

Hello All,

Every year the Jeannette Rankin Peace Center awards the Father Jim Hogan
Youth Peacemaker award and we have just opened up nominations for this
year's award. We recognize the nominees and winner(s) at our Annual
peacemaker event (which is in May this year) plus the winner(s) receives a
cash prize which is pretty exciting. I'm hoping y'all might have some kids
you would like to nominate or would be willing to help get the word out. We
try to collect nominations via this (https://forms.gle/4G1xGa1PphfubCNx7)
google form but people can also email me at programs at jrpc.org or call
543-3955.

We are looking for young people who, in their home, school and/or
community, has shown us a vision of what peace and peacemaking looks like.
This person should be,
- Age 5-18
- Committed to peace, justice, and/or environmental sustainability.
- Nominee(s) may be a group or individual
- A role model among their peers who walks the walk of nonviolence, social
justice, and sustainability.

I've also attached our poster with a little more information.

with peace,

*Carol Schwartz*
(she/her/hers)
<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>