[MCN] Missoula Advocacy Team Workshop

Carol Schwartz Programs at jrpc.org
Mon May 18 13:50:04 EDT 2020

Calling All Peacemakers

JRPC has been working with the Friends Committee on National Legislation
<https://www.fcnl.org/> and some Missoula community members for the past
few months on building a Grassroots Advocacy Team here in Missoula. FCNL's
advocacy teams work together building ongoing relationships with elected
representatives to foster a network of advocates in the community acting
as champions for peace and justice. More specifically, these teams advocate
for issues pertaining to,

   - Criminal Justice
   - Economic Justice
   - Environment & Energy
   - Gun Violence Prevention
   - Immigration & Refugees
   - The Middle East & Iran
   - Native Americans
   - Nuclear Weapons
   - Peacebuilding
   - U.S. Wars & Militarism
   - Voting & Elections

Our next workshop is a 2 hour interactive advocacy workshop that will train
participants in how to be more effective advocates for peace and justice,
even while isolated at home. We will go in-depth on FCNL’s
relationship-based style of lobbying, teach skills on storytelling, and
best practices on effective communication with members of Congress. We will
explore why the Advocacy Teams program is so effective, provide an overview
of our 2020 campaign to end endless war, and take action together. At the
end, we will be ready to move forward with launching a grassroots Missoula
Advocacy Team to continue this work. This workshop is free and open to the
public. Join us May 21 from 6:00-8:00 on Zoom! Please register at on FCNL's
website so we can have an accurate count of participants.
<https://act.fcnl.org/event/advocacy-teams_attend/1607/signup/?t=16&utm_campaign=event&utm_source=ak&utm_medium=email&akid=12431%2E240310%2ExF44z6>

*Carol Schwartz*
(she/her/hers)
<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>