[MCN] There is no escaping climate change, even in the deep sea : animals in the deep ocean face increasing challenges to preferred thermal habitats

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Mon May 25 12:15:44 EDT 2020

News Release 25-May-2020
There is no escaping from climate change, even in the deep sea
HOKKAIDO UNIVERSITY
Even though the deeper layers of the ocean are warming at a slower pace than the surface, animals living in the deep ocean are more exposed to climate warming and will face increasing challenges to maintain their preferred thermal habitats in the future.

JOURNAL
Nature Climate Change
 <https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-05/hu-tin052220.php>https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-05/hu-tin052220.php <https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-05/hu-tin052220.php>

“We are constantly deciding how much information is enough.” (p. 44)

“Once we finally reach a decision we are relieved to have the uncertainty of decision making behind us.
And now somebody turns up and tells us things that call the wisdom of that decision into question again.”
(pp. 99-100)

Dietrich Dorner. The Logic of Failure: Recognizing and Avoiding Error in Complex Situations.
1989 in German by Rowolt Verlag GMBH.
1996 in English by Metropolitan Books, Perseus Books.