[MCN] GUTS! Summer Outdoor Adventure 2021

Jess Monis jmonis at ywcaofmissoula.org
Tue Apr 6 18:21:30 EDT 2021

Hello!
Here at the GUTS! (Girls and gender diverse youth Using Their Strengths) office in Missoula we are eager to jump into the warmth and renewal that summer can offer. This summer we feel lucky to offer our (COVID friendly) Summer Outdoor Adventure Program! Below you can find the details of the summer camps. Please consider referring a young person you know to this empowering program.
This year, GUTS! Summer Outdoor Adventure will be switching out its former backpacking trips for three week-long day camps. The GUTS! leadership program will take girls and gender-diverse youth on various outdoor adventures around the local Missoula area by bike to grow their confidence and skill base. Below is an outline of the dates, times, and age groups for each week of camp.
Dates:
June 21-25 (incoming 5th & 6th graders)
July 12-16 (incoming 7th-8th graders)
August 2-6 (incoming 7th-8th graders)
Times:
8:30AM- 4:30PM each day. Pick-up and Drop-off will be at The Meadowlark, the new YWCA facility, located at 1800 S. 3rd St. W, near the Good Food Store.
Cost:
The camp fee is $200, however we have a generous sliding fee scale and we encourage interested participants from all economic backgrounds to apply.  Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.  We will accept applications into June or until the trips fill.

Our applications are live as of March 29th online, and are also available to fill out in-person at our office.

There is a printable registration form attached to this email. It can be mailed or dropped off at the YWCA's new facility, Meadowlark: 1800 S. 3rd St. W, Missoula MT 59801

Registration links are here: Guardian application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvsFKfP0KSPi1u7C24gyGBZxfGUJqOAN480_bhNNs6h7aXmg/viewform> & Youth application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdte7ZzmatsbNLJ8FsBI1tkCBEJwDgT6c0Jg946Lt89wcn5kA/viewform>

Follow the link for more information: ywcaofmissoula.org/guts-summer-adventures/<http://ywcaofmissoula.org/guts-summer-adventures/>
Through exploring the natural landscape, witnessing diverse representation in outdoor sports, and building new friendships, GUTS! youth will increase their self-confidence, hone their individual leadership skills and cultivate their appreciation for the natural world in an environment free from societal pressures and gender stereotypes. In addition to wonderful memories of fun and adventure, previous GUTS! Summer Adventure Program participants have left the program better able to identify personal strengths and skills they developed over the course of the trip.
Attached to this email you can find a flyer which you are welcome to print or share electronically. If you have any questions or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me at (406) 543-6691.

Warmly
Jess Monis