[MCN] Share our lovely home in the rattlesnake with us

Karen Slobod karenslobod at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 20:49:19 EDT 2021

Hi! The Chalet is a big three story house in the north hills of Missoula,
also known as the Rattlesnake. There are wood floors, cathedral ceilings, a
fireplace, views of the entire valley, big windows all around, two decks, a
loft for working on projects, and an occasional deer in the backyard. The
bedroom has Scandinavian style furniture and a view of the backyard garden.

We are a group of mature, friendly, adventurous folks sharing a cooperative
home. The Chalet has been home and host to writers, ecologists, artists,
many intrepid travelers, bicyclists, and adventurers. We range in age from
34 to 64. If you like to garden, there's lots of space. It is a peaceful
place. In the summer you are more likely to hear a bicyclists' whoosh then
hear a car going by. Hiking trails into the Rattlesnake Wilderness start at
the beginning of our street. The Chalet is 10 minutes to downtown by car,
or about 3 miles.

Living at the house now are an environmentalist, an architectural designer,
a scientist working on the Gnome Project, and a water educator who is a
river guide. We all pitch in to keep the house nice and tidy. 580 per
month. First and last for moving in. We share utilities and internet, which
ranges from around 60 per person to 110 in winter. It is a drug-free,
smoke-free house. We have a cat named Murry so unfortunately we can't have
any more pets.

Note: we'd like to find someone to share the house with who doesn't
interface with people that much for work. Because of Covid, we want to keep
the house safe.

See photos at:
https://missoula.craigslist.org/roo/d/missoula-share-our-lovely-home-with-us/7371137056.html

If interested contact Karen at karenslobod at gmail.com