[MCN] Peace Center Looking for Youth Peacemaker Nominations!!

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center peace at jrpc.org
Mon Mar 22 15:39:03 EDT 2021

Behold your invitation to inspiration! We are opening the nominations for
the 2021 Fr. Jim Hogan Search for Peace award. This year marks the 20th
anniversary of this Missoula tradition – twenty years of being inspired and
delighted by the youth of Missoula. Peacemaker, Fr. Jim Hogan started this
project as a balance to the call for war. With all the efforts the US
military spends trying to recruit our young people into the service of
destruction, Fr. Hogan wanted to make sure there was an opportunity for
them to spend time and effort exploring and envisioning peaceful
alternatives.  Initially the Search for Peace was an art and essay contest
and in the last few years we have expanded it to focus more on the stories
these young people are living and the gifts they are giving to this
community.

We want to tell the stories of young Missoulians who inspire us. So think
about who you know between the ages of 5 and 18 who is walking the walk of
building justice and nonviolence. After last year, we could all benefit
from searching for the good among us and sharing it with each other. Use
our nomination form by April 15 to tell us about how this young person is
making peace happen.

For more information, contact: Betsy Mulligan-Dague, peace at jrpc.org or
406-274-6171

Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
...working to build a world that is nonviolent, socially just and
environmentally sustainable...
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: 406-543-3955
peace at jrpc.org
www.jrpc.org

We at Jeannette Rankin Peace Center acknowledge that we are here in
Missoula on lands stolen from Indigenous people by white European
invaders.  We honor the people of the Salish, Kootenai, Pend d’Oreille,
Blackfeet and Shoshone tribes, appreciate them for their legacy as
protectors of the land and environment and commit to carry their work
forward as stewards of environmental and racial justice.