[MCN] News Alert // Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is For The Holidays

Bram Moore info at missouladowntown.com
Tue Nov 23 16:15:00 EST 2021

Local Media

November 23, 2021

*PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR HEART IS FOR THE HOLIDAYS*

*Support Local Campaign kicks off November 27*

Created in 2010 as a way to encourage folks across the country to support
small businesses, Small Business Saturday has become a large, national
movement that focuses on Main Streets and Downtown across the country. In
Missoula, it’s grown to one of the most important days of the year for
local businesses. What started as one day has expanded into a full-season
campaign with the tagline “*Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is*.”

Kicking of on Saturday, November 27, *Small Business Season* encourages all
Missoulians to support our local economy and small businesses by shopping
and dining in Downtown Missoula. Spending at locally-owned, small
businesses keeps dollars circulating in our own community and economy.
Supporting our neighbors and friends who own local businesses supports
those who give time and time again to our local non-profits, schools,
sports teams and community initiatives.

“Small businesses are the backbone of the Missoula-area economy, and many
of our locally-owned small businesses are still feeling the effects of the
pandemic,” said Ashley Larkin, President of the Missoula Downtown
Association Board of Directors. “Small Business Saturday, and the weeks
that follow, are critical for ensuring our businesses stay open and our
fellow community members are employed. Where Missoulians spend their money
truly matters and we encourage to support our local businesses in some way
during the holidays.”

In support of Small Business Season, Downtown businesses are extending
hours of operation, offering special promotions, and providing personal
touches and connections along the way. Alongside nearly 200 small
restaurants and retail stores, the Missoula Downtown Association (MDA) will
be offering special gifts, discounts and prizes for those who join in the
movement to *“Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is.”* The Shop Small & Dine
Local Headquarters will be at the corner of Higgins and Main on Saturday,
November 27 and Saturday, December 4 from 10am-2pm. Coupons for
complimentary hot chocolate, branded shopping bags and handouts on the
Downtown specials will be available for pickup in front of the Paddleheads
Post at 140 North Higgins.

“Missoulians have truly stepped up over the years to support local
businesses,” said Linda McCarthy, Executive Director of the Downtown
Missoula Partnership. “Keeping your spending local absolutely helps build a
better community for everyone. We have seen a tremendous amount of support
for local businesses over the past year and a half and we hope that our
community will ‘Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is’ again this holiday
season.”

Over 40 Downtown businesses will be hosting sales, deal, promotions, and
treats during Small Business Saturday. Many locations will also be hosting
promotions for a second Small Business Saturday on December 4. For more
information on specific specials during the Small Business Season, follow
Missoula Downtown on Facebook or Instagram or visit
missouladowntown.com/small-business
<http://www.missouladowntown.com/small-business>-saturday.

For those unsure of what to buy this year but still want to support local
businesses, the Missoula Downtown Gift Card is accepted at over 200
locations and can be purchased at the Downtown Missoula Partnership (218 E.
Main), the Paddleheads Post (140 N. Higgins), or online at
missoualdowntown.com/downtown-gift-card.

Downtown Missoula will also showcase other Holiday Happenings
including the *Reverse
Parade of Lights and Holiday Stroll* (December 4), the *Festival of Trees*
(November 26-December 5), 10 days of lighting the Downtown Holiday Tree
(November 26-December 5), free carriage rides on E. Pine December 4-5 and
11-12, and the annual Downtown window decorating contest.

More information on the holidays in Downtown can be found at
missouladowntown.com/holidays-downtown-2021/, by calling the Downtown
Missoula Partnership office at 406.543.4238, or by emailing
info at missouladowntown.com.

*Bram Moore*

*Operations Coordinator*

Downtown Missoula Partnership