[MCN] New climate storytelling site amplifies our common experience

Winona Bateman director at livableclimate.org
Wed Oct 20 14:58:11 EDT 2021

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

*MONTANA CLIMATE STORIES UNVEILED*

*New climate storytelling site amplifies our common experience*

*Missoula, Montana (October 20, 2021) - *Families for a Livable Climate
<https://livableclimate.org/> and Stories for Action
<https://www.storiesforaction.org> are proud to announce their new
storytelling site, Montana Climate Stories <http://mtclimatestories.org>,
with co-sponsors Montana Health Professionals for a Healthy Climate
<https://www.montanahphc.org/>, and Mountain Mamas
<https://www.mtnmamas.org/>.

“Our stories are the foundation of many of our relationships. When we tell
our climate stories--what we’re worried about, what we’re experiencing,
what we hope our future will look like--we can connect across differences
and begin to make change.” said Winona Bateman, director of Families for a
Livable Climate.

Montana Climate Stories (mtclimatestories.org)
<https://www.mtclimatestories.org/> features personal stories from
Montanans about how climate change is impacting them. All Montana families
need a livable climate and thriving environment to ensure a bright and
secure future. We also need good jobs, healthcare, and equitable access to
education and other opportunities such as healthy working landscapes.
Stories posted on the site will reflect these shared needs.

“The impacts from climate change and the shifts needed for a healthy future
are incredibly connected. As a society, we need to come together in
interconnected ways, like any other resilient ecosystem. Sharing our
stories helps create this connection.” said Lara Tomov <LdTomov at gmail.com>,
director, Stories for Action.

Climate change is human caused and getting worse. But, we have most of the
solutions we need to address this problem. When we openly speak about the
causes, concerns, and mitigation of these impacts, we can move toward a
thriving future for Montana. Our hope is that by sharing stories, more
Montanans can find common ground and come together to protect our climate,
our communities, and ensure a livable future for all of our families and
this beautiful state we call home.

Any Montanan can submit a story. Submissions can be made through the
website: mtclimatestories.org, or by tagging the project on Instagram:
@montanaclimatestories <http://instagram.com/montanaclimatestories>. People
can follow along on Instagram to see new story posts as well.

Partner organizations will be contributing to the site; some have given
permission already to repost articles. Cross-posting from multiple
organizations and efforts is a key goal for the project. "This is a space
for all our stories," said Ms. Bateman. "We need a shared picture of what's
happening to our state, and a shared space for envisioning our future."

Media Contacts:

Winona Bateman, Director, Families for a Livable Climate
(406) 370-6848
director at livableclimate.org

Lara Tomov, Director, Stories for Action
info at storiesforaction.org

##

Families for a Livable Climate <https://livableclimate.org/> creates
community for climate action in Montana, empowering families to advocate
for a livable future.
Stories for Action <https://www.storiesforaction.org/> shares the human
connection around a thriving planet for all through the power of
storytelling.