[MCN] MCC is seeking Host Families

Jessica O'Sell jessica at mtcorps.org
Mon Jan 10 17:16:42 EST 2022

Hello Missoula subscribers!

You may be familiar with our organization, Montana Conservation Corps. We
have an office in Missoula and work all throughout MT, ID, WY, ND, and SD.
We inspire young people through hands-on conservation service to be
leaders, stewards of the land, and engaged citizens who improve their
communities.

Are you looking for a way to make a meaningful impact on your community,
public lands, and trails this year?

The housing crisis is making it difficult for AmeriCorps members to serve
in Montana. In 2021, 30% of MCC AmeriCorps members ended up living out of
their cars or camping between service projects, while others had a very
difficult time finding rentals. MCC has been working hard to address this
in a number of different ways including the following:

We are excited to announce we are launching a host family initiative to
recruit community members willing to provide temporary housing solutions
for some of our members.

We invite you to consider hosting a member in your home or to help us
spread the word. Attached is a flyer with some of the basics and you can
view our new resource page
<https://www.mtcorps.org/support/house-a-member.html> for interested hosts
on our website. Please consider passing this email along to your friends
and colleagues if you feel it's appropriate!

This is only one of a number of solutions we are rolling out. If you'd like
to know more about what else we're doing to make our 2022 season the best
yet, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please email
housing at mtcorps.org.

Thank you for your support of MCC and Happy New Year!

--
*Jessica O'Sell | Executive and Communications Coordinator*
Pronouns (she/her/hers)

Montana Conservation Corps
301 N Willson, Bozeman, MT 59715 | (406) 587-4475

jessica at mtcorps.org