[MCN] Fixit Clinic June 14th from 4-7pm at Home ReSource

Emma Swartz emma at homeresource.org
Mon Jun 13 16:52:43 EDT 2022

Hi all!

Home ReSource will be hosting a Fixit Clinic tomorrow, Tuesday, June 14th
from 4-7pm in the Community Room at Home ReSource.

A Fixit Clinic is an event where community members can bring their worn,
broken, or malfunctioning items for help learning to repair them. Skilled
volunteers (aka Fixit Coaches) help repair those items by sharing their
knowledge and skills. The result is technology demystified, more people
empowered with simple repair know-how, and less stuff trashed and replaced. We
can help fix a variety of items, from broken zippers, to jewelry, to broken
furniture.

Can't make the Fixit Clinic but want to learn about the importance of
fixing stuff? Check out this podcast
<https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Dmp79iTEVqizinjOmjGpP> by How to Save a
Planet. Want to take action for Right to Repair bills in Montana? Contact
your local representative here <https://montana.repair.org/>.

Registration is appreciated – Sign up *here*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdH_zAPT8FdAaZOhuGztEOnHOO2HABBq-VWIpAv-b8mtt3tQg/viewform?gxids=7628>
attend our next clinic. If you’re interested in volunteering as a Fixit
Coach in an upcoming clinic, please send an email to learn at homeresource.org.
Our next fixit clinic will be on July 9th from 11am-3pm in the Families
First Learning Lab at the Missoula Public library.

Let's fix some stuff!

Emma

--

Emma Swartz | she/her/hers

Zero Waste Educator

Big Sky Watershed Corps Member

Home ReSource | Missoula, MT

406-541-8301 Extension 209

website <https://www.homeresource.org/> | facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Home-ReSource-270922574714/> | instagram
<https://instagram.com/homeresource/> | donate
<https://www.homeresource.org/online-donations/>

We envision a just and vibrant world built on the principles of
sustainability where the potential of people, community, and materials is
realized.