[MCN] EPI Yellowstone Program Summer Field Instructor Opening!

Alexei Desmarais alexei at ecologyproject.org
Thu Mar 31 12:03:56 EDT 2022

Want to spend your summer in the field in Yellowstone?? Ecology Project
International is looking for a passionate, experienced educator to round
out our summer instructor team! Field instructors in the Ecology Project
International (EPI) Yellowstone Program teach five- to nine-day field
ecology courses for middle and high school students in the Greater Yellowstone
Ecosystem--introducing students to real-world scientific study, engaging
them in conservation service projects, and raising their cultural and
ecological awareness. To view the full description and apply, visit our jobs
site <https://ecologyproject.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=39>!

Schedule and Location: The Yellowstone wildlife ecology program runs from
April 28 through August 24, 2022. Instructors will work approximately 50-60
field days over the course of the season, not including a mandatory, unpaid
pre-employment training session (room & board provided) May 2-6, 2022.

Compensation:

   - $96, $101, $106 per day starting wage, determined by evaluation of
   prior experience. Thereafter, daily pay increases according to a 7-tiered
   pay scale based on field days worked.
   - Instructors chosen as course leaders will make an additional $10 a day.
   - Optional shared housing in Missoula, MT for $200 per month throughout
   the program season from 4/27-8/31/2022.
   - Room and board while on-course.
   - Access to discounts with popular outdoor gear retailers.

*Applications will be reviewed when received and interviews will be
scheduled on a rolling basis. **Employment start date is April 28, 2022.*

Questions can be directed to: Yellowstone Program Coordinator, Sarah Wood,
sarah at ecologyproject.org, 406-218-2605.

--

*Alexei Desmarais | Yellowstone Program Manager**Ecology Project
International*

* <https://www.facebook.com/EcologyProject/>
<https://www.facebook.com/EcologyProject/>
<https://twitter.com/ecologyproject>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/pezsapo08>*
https://www.ecologyproject.org/yellowstone-impacts
<https://www.ecologyproject.org/programs/local-communities-campuses/yellowstone>
 | facebook.com/epiyellowstone

Pronouns: he/him/his
*Conservation for the next generation*

*I respectfully acknowledge the Seliš-Qlispé (Salish and Kalispel) and
Ktunaxa (Kootenai) peoples on whose traditional territories I reside and
work. And I work to honor their relationship to these lands, since time
immemorial, and to follow their example in caring for this place for
generations to come. *