[MCN] An exception to my once-a-week climate updates

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Wed Nov 23 17:53:26 EST 2022

There’s “no credible pathway to 1.5C in place” today, the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) insisted in a new report

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/10/1129912 <https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/10/1129912>

James Hansen. 2008–2009 State of the Wild: Perspective of a climatologist.

“Animals are on the run. Plants are migrating too.” I wrote those words in 2006 to draw attention to the fact that climate change was already under way. People do not notice climate change because it is masked by day-to-day weather fluctuations, and we reside in comfortable homes. Animals and plants, on the other hand, can survive only within certain climatic conditions, which are now changing.”

State of the Wild.
http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/2008/StateOfWild_20080428.pdf