[MCN] Party Under the Peace Sign, Jeannette Rankin Peace Center

Carol Schwartz carol at jrpc.org
Thu Sep 29 13:47:58 EDT 2022

*Party Under the Peace Sign*

*Friday, October 7th 5:00 - 8:00At Jeannette Rankin Peace Center*

Join us for a party under the peace sign featuring;

   - Sponcon art from Home ReSource
   - Live music from Pennies 4 a Piece
   - De-escalation safety marshal training with Western MT DSA from
   6:00-7:00
   - Climate Storytelling with Families for a Livable Climate
   - Voter registration with League of Women Voters
   - A Celebration of Agile Solar <https://agilesolar.net/> & Mr. T
   Construction

*We can't wait to celebrate with you all!
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1186144155641363/?ref=newsfeed>*

*So what is this de-escalation training? *No matter how many rallies we've
been to or even how much experience we may have had learning de-escalation
skills or attending safety marshall trainings, we're always refining our
skills and learning new ones. In these times especially, it's important to
review ways to keep ourselves and others free to express conflicting views
clearly and civilly - and especially non-violently! We hope to have an
ongoing series of these short workshops to keep us all passionately
pro-peace and to share our skills with the larger community. If you are
interested in becoming a trainer please let us know!

*Climate Storytelling: *Families for a Livable Climate will be collecting
personal climate stories from 5 - 8 p.m for their Montana Climate Stories
<https://www.mtclimatestories.org/> project. Drop by their table to do a
short voice recording, or take a few minutes to write your story and share.
All participants will be entered to win local prizes.

*Carol Schwartz*
(she/her/hers)
<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>

Operations Director
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
406.543.3955

We at Jeannette Rankin Peace Center acknowledge that we are here in
Missoula on lands stolen from Indigenous people by white European invaders.
We honor the people of the Salish, Kootenai, Pend d’Oreille, Blackfeet, and
Shoshone tribes.

We appreciate and honor Indigenous people for their legacy as protectors of
the land and environment and we commit to being allies to them in the work
for environmental and racial justice.