[MCN] CALL FOR STORYTELLERS! Theme: Neighbors

Tell Us Something marc at tellussomething.org
Sun Apr 2 17:21:19 EDT 2023

News Release: Attention: Editor

04-02-2023

Marc Moss

Tell Us Something

Tellussomething.org | Facebook.com/tellussomething |
Instagram.com/tellussomething | twitter.com/pssttellus |
youtube.com/tellussomething

https://www.missoula-pride.com/about

Daytime phone: 406.546.3855 | Email address: Marc at tellussomething.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

WHAT:  Call for stories for the live storytelling event: Tell Us Something
- Neighbors

WHEN: June 16, 2023

WHERE: Ogren Park at Allegiance Field: 700 Cregg Lane, Missoula, MT 59801

PITCH DEADLINE: May 9, 2023

REQUIRED Group Workshop June 3, 2023

PITCH LINE: 406-203-4683

DETAILS:

Tell Us Something is calling for *YOU* to pitch your true story on the
theme “Neighbors”.

8 storytellers will be selected to share their true personal story from
memory on the theme “Neighbors”. Each storyteller is paid a stipend for
sharing their story.

The live event is on June 16, 2023. The pitch deadline is May 9, 2023. The
required group workshop takes place on June 3, 2023.

CALL 406.203.4683 TO PITCH YOUR STORY.

Members from our Deaf community are welcome to pitch a story here:
info at tellussomething.org

*We are proud to partner with Missoula Pride for this storytelling event.
We encourage BIPOC and LBGTQ+ community members to pitch their stories.*

PITCH DEADLINE: May 9, 2023

The Tell Us Something and Missoula Pride Programming Committee will listen
to all pitches after the deadline and select 8 storytellers for the event.

ABOUT:

Tell Us Something is a celebration of storytelling, of the Missoula
community, and of each other.

Your story matters! Now is the chance for you to pitch your story to be
considered for sharing the night of the live event. All of the stories at
Tell Us Something are true. Stories last for 10 minutes and are told from
memory. Everyone is welcome to tell a story. There is a theme for each
event. Tell Us Something is a 501(c)(3) organization.

Missoula Pride's vision brings a large-scale LGBTQ+ Pride celebration to
the Missoula and greater Western Montana region. Much like the Clark Fork,
Missoula's LBGTQ+ community is the center stream that runs through the
heart of everything. They create spaces where people from all walks of
life, with all gender and sexual identities under the rainbow, can come
together to feel seen, be heard, and be in community with one another.

###

--
Marc Moss
Executive Director