[MCN] Looking for affordable housing options

Brett W Haverstick wild at wildernesswatch.org
Fri Aug 25 17:11:13 EDT 2023

I have accepted the executive director position with a local animal shelter in Missoula. I am set to begin October 2, 2023 and am looking for affordable housing options. I could move in around Sept. 28 or 29, 2023. If this timeframe isn’t doable, but close, I may have some interim options.

About me: I am a professional in my mid-thirties. My party days are gone, and I prefer a peaceful existence without much frill. I will be working a lot. Furnished or unfurnished is fine. I have a great track record for paying rent/water/sewage/garbage/utilities on time.

I am also willing to provide my offer letter for proof of employment, previous pay stubs for proof of stable income, landlord references, and charcter references. I have no criminal history (misdemeaners, felonies, etc.)

What I am looking for: $1200/month (or less). This doesn’t necessarily need to include utilities. Happy to chat about price. Ideally, the place would be a feline-friendly house/apartment with occupancy for one adult and two healthy, well cared for rescue cats that are up-to-date on vaccinations and vet care. I realize this may be a challenging ask.

A little about my cats: I fostered Hertz and Little Girl as very sickly three-week old kittens and adopted them to keep them together. They have blossomed into healthy well-mannered indoor only cats (a year old). I am very conscientious and clean in and around their litter box twice a day and vaccum often. Hertz and Little Girl are healthy and behaved because I give them the best.

If you have any questions or leads on places I can call home, I’d be grateful. Even if it’s temporary.

I am excited to become a part of the Missoula community and help shelter animals and pets and the people who love them.

Take care,

Ashley Lipscomb
ashley.lipscomb at gmail.com <mailto:ashley.lipscomb at gmail.com>
937-901-4020 (text is fine, too)