[MCN] Tomorrow: Montana Youth Climate Lawsuit Kickoff Party!

Sarah Lundquist sarah at livableclimate.org
Mon May 8 18:13:48 EDT 2023

Happy Monday, Missoulians!

Quick reminder that we are hosting a kickoff party for the historic Held v.
State of Montana youth-led climate trial TOMORROW, May 9 at 6pm at the
ZACC! Join us for a film screening of the inspiring documentary, *Youth v.
Gov*, followed by a panel discussion to build awareness and support for the
brave youth plaintiffs in MT who are taking the State to court to protect
their right to a clean and healthful environment.

Learn about the history of climate lawsuits in the United States, hear
stories of the brave youth leading the charge, and get inspired to join the
movement and support the plaintiffs in Helena this June! Doors open at 6
pm, and the screening will be held from 6:30-8:30 pm, followed by the panel
from 8:30-9:30 pm. There is a suggested donation of $5 for youth and
students, and $10-50 for adults, with all proceeds supporting Our
Children’s Trust and Held v. Montana organizing efforts. More details here
<https://livableclimate.org/events/2023/screening>.

We can't wait to see you there!

Hosted by Families for a Livable Climate, Our Children’s Trust, Montana
Energy Information Center, Forward Montana, and Montana Sierra Club

--
*Sarah Lundquist *(she/her)
Communications Director | Families for a Livable Climate

*Phone: *(425) 931-8623
*Email: *sarah at livableclimate.org
*Website:* livableclimate.org (Sign up
<https://livableclimate.org/subscribe-now-news-action-alerts> for action