[MCN] The Council of Poetry

Kristopher Drummond drummondkristopher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:23:16 EST 2023

Hey all,

We are hosting another 6 week online series of The Council of Poetry, which
is a space to explore poetry as a healing art and mirror, collectively and
individually. This course is based loosely on the format established by the
Institute for Poetic Medicine and brings in other traditions, particularly
land-based rites of passage and earth-based spiritual practices.

Our interest in this upcoming cohort is to consider our ecological
interbeing, particularly with everything going on in the Middle East. We
want to make a space for deep listening and witnessing, to let words move
through our bodies, and to meet each other in this painful, uncertain
moment. We will focus on the craft some, but that will not be the emphasis.
This isn't about "perfect" poetry, but about being vulnerable to aliveness
and letting language take shape from that place.

You can visit this link
<https://www.kristopherdrummond.com/event-details-registration/the-council-of-poetry-6-week-winter-series-2024-01-23-18-00>to
learn more or register, or email with any questions.