[MCN] Position opening: Field Organizer

Sarah Lundquist sarah at livableclimate.org
Tue Oct 31 16:38:57 EDT 2023

Dear Missoulians,

Families for a Livable Climate <https://livableclimate.org/> (FLC) is
hiring a *Field Organizer <https://livableclimate.org/employment>*. This is
a part time position at 20 hours per week. $20 per hour. This position
could be in person at our Missoula office, or remote within the state of
Montana.

*POSITION DESCRIPTION:*
The Field Organizer will be the point person for Families for a Livable
Climate’s organizing activities statewide including select statewide
coalition work, volunteer management and recruitment, and supporting FLC’s
organizing goals, strategy, and training. The Field Organizer will also
represent FLC with grass-tops leaders, and will work closely with our
executive director, and other staff. Duties include:

   - Supporting FLC’s organizing goals and strategy
   - Participating in and leading statewide coalition work
   - Supporting our volunteer working groups to establish goals, and engage
   in effective campaigns and activities
   - Liaising with partners
   - Recruiting new volunteer working group members
   - Coordinating organizing trainings
   - Coordinating campaigns
   - Supporting families to speak up on key issues
   - Organizing advocacy events and strategy

*QUALIFICATIONS:*
Ideally, candidates for this position will have field organizing
experience, a strong interest in working with families of all kinds, and
have a college degree or life experience in related work. High school
diploma is required. Valid driver's license required. Must be able to lift
up to 50 pounds.

*TO APPLY:* Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Winona
Bateman, Executive Director, at director at livableclimate.org. Application
deadline is Thursday, November 30, 2023.

*ABOUT FAMILIES FOR A LIVABLE CLIMATE*
Families for a Livable Climate creates community for climate action in
Montana. We engage families of all kinds in community-oriented climate
events, educational opportunities, advocacy, and leadership. We envision an
equitable and vibrant Montana, where families of all kinds advocate for
resilient and connected communities, working together across differences to
address the climate crisis, and create durable solutions.

*WHY FAMILIES?*
We define families in a broad sense: Any group of people joined together in
relationship. Relationships are central to families and communities, and
they are the very fulcrum of our work as climate advocates, mobilizers, and
community-builders. Mobilizing families of all kinds is a powerful means of
creating lasting change built on deep, authentic human connections.

--
*Sarah Lundquist *(she/her)
Communications Director | Families for a Livable Climate

*Phone: *(425) 931-8623
*Email: *sarah at livableclimate.org
*Website:* livableclimate.org (Sign up
<https://livableclimate.org/subscribe-now-news-action-alerts> for action