[MCN] Storytelling on the Edge: Share Your Moment & Win Tickets!

Tell Us Something marc at tellussomething.org
Tue Feb 6 13:36:10 EST 2024

This month in the newsletter: Final call for storytellers, get your
tickets, Stewardship ticket info, call for Board members, meet the poster
artist and the soundtrack to Tell Us Something. Read time:…

[image: TUS_YourStoryMatters-cropped.jpg]
<https://www.tellussomething.org/shop/close-to-the-edge-live-event-missoula-march-26-2024/>
[image: Patches of vegetation poke out from snow covered earth in the
foreground. An inversion dominates the background. 📷 Marc Moss February
can be a tough month in Missoula.]

This month in the newsletter: Final call for storytellers, get your
tickets, Stewardship ticket info, call for Board members, meet the poster
artist and the soundtrack to Tell Us Something. Read time: about 4 minutes.

2024 February
Tell Us Something Newsletter
Gray skies, blustery wind, unpredictable weather. In the dead of winter, a
harbinger of spring for me is always my favorite Missoula event. Well,
besides Tell Us Something, of course! The Big Sky Documentary Film Festival
is where I met many of my friends when I first moved to Missoula back in
2003 as a volunteer at BSDFF. I volunteered there for 7 solid years,
sometimes as much as 90- hours/week, and fell in love with documentary film
storytelling. I’m sure I’ll see some of you there this year, and look
forward to seeing you again in March for the spring Tell Us Something event.
Read on the Blog <https://bit.ly/2024-February-TUS-newsletter>

[image: An abstract, grey-toned painting depicts a man with antlers
standing on a roof, inviting viewers to decipher its symbolism and hidden
narrative. AI prompt by Marc Moss. Image generated by Bard.]
<https://www.tellussomething.org/shop/close-to-the-edge-live-event-missoula-march-26-2024/>

Final Call for Storytellers

Have you ever danced on the precipice, heart pounding, exhilaration
battling terror? Share your "Close to the Edge'' moment! We're searching
for true, unscripted stories - the near misses, the triumphs, the tumbles
that redefined your limits. Whether it's scaling a mountain, facing down a
fear, or confronting a life-altering truth, your vulnerability could spark
connection, ignite courage, and remind us all that we're more than we
think. This isn't about perfection, it's about the raw, the real, the
uniquely you.

Dare to bare your soul and touch the hearts of others. Pitch your story now
and tell your "Close to the Edge'' story. The stage awaits.

*The pitch deadline is February 17th, 2024*.

Pitch by calling 406-203-4683. As always, our Deaf friends can pitch by
emailing info at tellussomething.org
<info at tellussomething.org?subject=%22Close%20to%20the%20Edge%22%20Story%20Pitch&body=Hi%20there%2C%20Programming%20Committee!%0A%0AHere%20is%20my%20pitch!%0A%0ABeginning%3A%0A%0AMiddle%3A%0A%0AEnd%3A%0A%0A%0AThanks%20so%20much!>
[image: A Painting Of A Woman in a red hoodie in profile. Smaller dark
figures appear to stand on the edges of yellow leafy plants. Painting by
Linds Sanders]
<https://www.tellussomething.org/shop/close-to-the-edge-live-event-missoula-march-26-2024/>

TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Join us on March 26 for another incredible evening of
live storytelling. This time around the theme is “Close to the Edge”.
Connect with your neighbors, and be swept away by the captivating,
mesmerizing stories of the Missoula community. This is more than an event –
it's a shared experience that sparks curiosity, fosters understanding, and
ignites your cultural spirit. Don't miss out! Secure your tickets now and
embark on a journey that is close to the edge.

*GET TICKETS*

Read more on the Tell Us Something Blog

Hit the link to read about Board service opportunities, Free tickets, the
new poster (and the artist!) and Tell Us Something playlists.

Read on at the Tell Us Something website
<https://bit.ly/2024-February-TUS-newsletter>
[image: Conference Room in Winter.jpg]
<https://bit.ly/2024-February-TUS-newsletter>
[image: InstagramPhoto.jpg] <https://bit.ly/2024-February-TUS-newsletter>
[image: 202312-74 of 77 - CREDIT-kmr studios.jpg]
<https://bit.ly/2024-February-TUS-newsletter>
k5oz06890eie