[MCN] Bill McKibben calls Climate North Star a "fascinating report"

David Merrill davidamerrill at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 16:32:37 EST 2024

Hi All,

I’m excited to share with you a project that I’m extremely proud of. As
climate impacts have proliferated and intensified it became inescapably
clear to me that we need to make the global carbon transition as fast as
possible. I became curious about what a maximum speed global climate rescue
would entail. This curiosity led me to recruit a talented group of
collaborators to produce Climate North Star <https://climatenorthstar.org/>,
a report that illustrates a comprehensive, maximum-speed global plan to
stop the rise of, and then reduce, global average temperature. I have
worked on this project outside of my Sierra Club duties.

I hope you find this report to be illuminating and compelling. If you think
it adds something valuable to the public climate conversation please share
it with your personal network!

Frank feedback is greatly appreciated!

David

--