[MCN] URGENT! Moment of Truth on Fast Track for TPP – Write Rep Zinke

Matthew Koehler mattykoehler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:58:20 EDT 2015

Hold Rep Ryan Zinke to his word that he'd vote No Fast Track for secret
'free trade' pacts like TPP. (See: http://bit.ly/1Qrt0gG)

TAKE ACTION today!

[image: Update from Public Citizen]

We’re out of time.

If you care AT ALL about runaway corporate power, I really need you to take
action today.

*Congress is about to let President Barack Obama sign a disastrous trade
deal that will make the world’s largest corporations more powerful than
they’ve ever been.*

Email your representative RIGHT NOW to stop this disaster before it’s too
late.
<http://qz.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q5v3JNxdWy8RSY6TBWZ78JvJeJg4dycm>

Tomorrow, the U.S. House of Representatives will vote on “Fast Track”
authority. Fast Track would railroad the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP
— a 12-nation trade pact that makes NAFTA seem practically quaint — through
Congress.

And the vote in the House is too close to call.

The Senate already voted to revive this extreme Nixon-era procedure that
Congress has rejected for all but five of the past 20 years.

*Tomorrow’s vote in the House is our last chance to stop Fast Track and
save ourselves from the disastrous TPP.*

Make sure your representative votes “No!” on Fast Track. The vote will be
so close that your representative could literally make the difference!
<http://qz.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YgX6zPFfQkV3VqDPJLD5GJvJeJg4dycm>

Fast Track would let President Obama enter the U.S. into the TPP before the
text of the deal is made public or Congress approves its contents. Then it
would guarantee a vote on the done deal in 90 days with all amendments
banned.

And this overreaching power would be delegated to whoever is president for
the next six years — for any and all trade deals he or she may cook up.

*It is no exaggeration to say that what happens with Fast Track and the TPP
will shape our future.*

The TPP would give Big Business unprecedented new powers.

Fast Tracking the TPP would make it easier to offshore our jobs and push
down our wages by throwing Americans into competition with workers in
Vietnam making less than 60 cents an hour.

It would flood us with unsafe imported food, increase fracking, roll back
Wall Street regulation, and on and on and on.

*Getting Fast Track and passing the TPP is the number one priority of Big
Business in this Congress.Why else would corporate shills like John
Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan be FOR this bad deal while
progressives like Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken and Bernie Sanders are
helping us fight it?*

Please take one minute to take this simple action while there’s still time.
<http://qz.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PLlXOouS%2FYYqDOzwn1G3CpvJeJg4dycm>

We can win this — if we all act together. Right now.

Onward,

Robert Weissman
President, Public Citizen