[MCN] US News & World Report on our current Mass Extinction

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Jun 20 07:33:07 EDT 2015

"We're not only in the midst of a sixth major extinction, we're
moving further and further into it," says Bruce Stein, senior
director of climate adaptation and resilience at the National
Wildlife Foundation. "It's clear that we are going to lose a lot of
things, but it's also clear that we have the ability to ensure that
many of our systems will be different but will continue to have
ecological functionality and continue to support many of these
species."

<<http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/06/19/75-percent-of-animal-species-to-be-wiped-out-in-sixth-mass-extinction>>
"We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we
begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing."

"We are not able even to think adequately about the behavior that is
at the annihilating edge."

R. D. Laing. Introduction, The Politics of Experience.
1967, New York. Pantheon Books, a division of Random House