[MCN] Support Citizens' Climate Lobby by Calling Congress Today!

Nick Engelfried nicke.activism at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:59:44 EDT 2015

*Montana Citizens' Climate Lobby*

*Support us in our DC meetings- CALL TESTER, DAINES, AND ZINKEMONDAY JUNE
22, 6am to 3pm, or TWEET anytime!*

*On the day after you call, over 850 volunteers from Citizens' Climate
Lobby will converge on Capitol Hill. You will be represented by volunteers
Kathy Masis and Alaina Buffalo Spirit from our Billings Chapter, and Bill
Ancell and Kristen Walser from our Bozeman Chapter.All 850 of us have
studied how a carbon fee would incentivize investment in renewables, grow
the economy (provide 2.8 million jobs and grow GDP by $1.38 trillion in 20
years) and stem global warming (reduce CO2 levels 52% below 1990 levels by
2035), proving you can **STABILIZE THE CLIMATE  WHILE BOOSTING THE ECONOMY*

*.We also know that **GIVING ALL THE REVENUE BACK TO HOUSEHOLDS
EQUALLY **ensures
low and middle income families will get back more in the monthly dividends
than they spend in added costs ($288 a MONTH in 2025 for a family of 4). It
also invites support from folks who don't want government deciding how to
spend the money. *

*YOU CAN HELP US GET THIS MESSAGE ACROSS TO OUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS*

*, that carbon fee and dividend is the most effective climate legislation
they could pass!If you need to know more before you call, go to our website
at citizensclimatelobby.org <https://citizensclimatelobby.org/>, or just
say you want to see climate action!*

*PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR TO CALL ALL 3 BETWEEN 6AM AND 3PM ON MONDAY JUNE
22*

*Script: *

*Hi, My name is ________ and I’m calling from _________. I’d like to leave
a message for [Congressman/Senator]  __________. I’m very concerned about
global warming because [_________________]. Congress needs to do something
about this, and I’d like to see [Congressman/Senator]___________________
support legislation that prices greenhouse gas emissions and gives the
money back to households. Can you give him my message? *

*Thank you.*

*Senator Tester: @SenatorTester   (202) 224-2644 <%28202%29%20224-2644>*

*Senator Daines: @SteveDaines     (202) 224-2651 <%28202%29%20224-2651>*

*Rep. Zinke:         @RepRyanZinke  (202) 225-3211 <%28202%29%20225-3211>or
call the Capitol Switchboard:    (202) 224-3121 <%28202%29%20224-3121> *

*GO TO THE Congressional Climate Message Day page
<http://citizensclimatelobby.org/ccmd/> ON THE CCL WEBSITE TO:*

   - *View sample tweets (Please be positive!)*
   - *Sign up to receive email and/or text reminders **to message Congress
   on Monday, June 22*
   - *Share **the campaign **on Facebook and Twitter*

*For more information, please email Bozeman at citizensclimaelobby.org
<Bozeman at citizensclimaelobby.org> *