[MCN] Action Alert: Call congress and tell them to invest in Montana children

Cassidy Green cgreen at mfbn.org
Tue Jun 23 13:16:28 EDT 2015

[banner]
________________________________
Action Alert: Call Congress Today!
National Call-in Day to Support Child Nutrition Reauthorization

On September 30th the current child nutrition bill (which includes policy for programs such as WIC, School Meals, Summer Food, and CACFP) will expire. It's time Congress got to work to ensure our children have access to healthy and nutritious food they need to learn, grow, and thrive. We need your voice to join the thousands of advocates calling Congress today as part of the Child Nutrition Reauthorization national call-in day. Tell Congress to invest in our children and take action on a strong Child Nutrition Reauthorization.

Make your voice heard on June 23!

  1.  Call this toll-free hotline at 888-398-8702, listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted.
  2.  Connect with MT's Representative, Congressman Ryan Zinke, first.
  3.  Once you are connected with Congressman Zinke's office, state that you are a constituent and give your NAME and your CITY/TOWN.
  4.  A staff member will take a message for the Congressman. Share that you are calling about the child nutrition programs and deliver this important message:

"I'm calling to urge Congressman Zinke [or Senator Tester/Senator Daines] to pass a strong Child Nutrition Reauthorization that protects and invests in the child nutrition programs. [If you are a service provider or can speak to the need you are seeing in your community, share this info.] Too many kids in our community are not getting the food they need to learn, grow, and thrive - particularly during out of school times. I urge Congress to make new investments in the child nutrition programs, and support policies that will increase access to programs such as the Summer Food Service Program, which continues to be underutilized across our nation and state. The child programs reach tens of thousands of Montana children each day. Invest in our children with a strong CNR."

**Dial back to make sure you speak with the offices of Senators Daines and Tester as well.

Add your organization to Feeding America's
CNR sign-on letter

The Child Nutrition Reauthorization (CNR) letter<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MontanaFoodBankNetwo/c62373279c/4ff0b7d815/0468540fe7/ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=6980> urges Congress to make new investments in child nutrition programs, particularly during out of school times - after school, holidays, weekends, and summer.  The child nutrition programs help ensure that all Montana children have access to the food and nutrition needed to stay healthy and succeed in school. CNR is our best opportunity to strengthen these programs and set policies that make them accessible to the thousands of Montana families struggling with hunger. Montana only has 10 organizations signed on - we can do better!!

Questions? Contact Lorianne Burhop at (406) 721-3825 x230 or lburhop at mfbn.org.<mailto:lburhop at mfbn.org>
________________________________
Montana Food Bank Network
5625 Expressway
Missoula, MT 59808
(406) 721-3825
www.mfbn.org<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MontanaFoodBankNetwo/c62373279c/4ff0b7d815/a12d32bf11>

Upcoming Events  |   www.mfbnevents.org<http://www.mfbnevents.org/>
August 1 Big Sky BBQ Festival in Caras park
August 24 - October 31 Feed Montana - Stadium Sell-out
March 2016 The Taste
[button_donate]<http://www.mfbn.org/>
[button_donate]<http://www.mfbn.org/>

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this email may be confidential, and has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.