[MCN] Missoula Transportation Planning Summit

Linzie Norman LNorman at ci.missoula.mt.us
Tue Nov 3 11:52:11 EST 2015

The Missoula Metropolitan Planning Organization is embarking on a federally mandated update to its Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP).  Dubbed "Activate Missoula," the LRTP is a 30-year plan that sets the direction and strategies that will shape our region's transportation network.
The plan will identify future priorities for projects and funding and encompasses all modes of transportation: walking, biking, transit, and driving.  Rail, freight, and air will also be discussed.
Please visit the website to learn more and sign-up for updates: www.activatemissoula.com<http://www.activatemissoula.com>.  Check out our "virtual open house" and add your transportation project ideas to the "wiki map."
Also, come to one or both of the upcoming workshops:

Bicycle Facility Planning Workshop

Wednesday, November 4th - Missoula Public Library, lower level. Sign in 5pm. Workshop 5:30-7:30pm.

Participate in an in-depth review of our current bicycle network and help envision its future. The workshop will cover regional bicycle travel, as well as "neighborhood greenway" connections, using mapping exercises.  Coffee and light snacks provided.

Activate Missoula Transportation Summit

Thursday, November 5th - Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. Sign in 5pm. Workshop 5:30-7:30pm..
Learn about the planning process, project goals and previous recommendations during a short presentation. Visit interactive stations to learn about transportation projects and identify your priorities for Missoula's transportation network.  Coffee and light snacks provided.

Linzie Norman

Program Assistant   406 552 6675

Transportation Division<http://www.ci.missoula.mt.us/1446/Transportation-Division> & Missoula In Motion<http://www.missoulainmotion.com/>