[MCN] Burn fossil fuel, kill chickens

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Nov 28 10:57:04 EST 2015

(India) Chicken prices surge to record as heat wave kills millions of birds
Reuters - Business News | Mon Jun 1, 2015 1:40pm IST

http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/06/01/india-heatwave-chicken-idINKBN0OH1O120150601

"Localized ecological systems are known to shift
abruptly and irreversibly from one state to
another when they are forced across critical
thresholds. Here we review evidence that the
global ecosystem as a whole can react in the same
way and is approaching a planetary-scale critical
transition as a result of human influence."

Barnovsky et al. Approaching a state shift in
Earth's biosphere. Nature Volume 486, 07 June 2012
doi:10.1038/nature11018
"We are living on the surface of this planet Š
and with its climate and atmosphere. It has
always been the task of mankind to find the right
answer to the problem these conditions set us,
and even today we cannot think that we have found
a sufficient answer." p. 131

Pychologist Alfred Adler quotes from The
Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler, by Heinz
L. and Rowena R. Ansbacher.  1956. Basic Books