[MCN] A vigil of hope on the eve of the climate summit in Paris

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:42:18 EST 2015

350 Missoula and the Jeanette Rankin Peace Center are sponsoring a
gathering at the pedestrian footbridge on the corner of Railroad and Owen
Streets at 3:30 today, November 29, the evening before the Paris climate
summit.

French authorities have banned the million-people march planned today in
Paris. More 2,000 communities worldwide are gathering to fill the gap, to
demonstrate our hope that strong, verfiable limits on carbon pollution and
a burgeoning economy built on clean, renewable energy are what we want.

Our message is we can and we must keep all fossil fuels in the ground and
move rapidly to an energy infrastructured powered by renewables.

Please dress warmly, bging a candle, headlamp, or flashlight, and a marker
to express your hopes.