[MCN] We're excited to announce Climate Ride Summer Session 2016 - Portland to Santa Barbara

Michelle Levitus michelle at climateride.org
Wed Feb 10 13:32:20 EST 2016

*Climate Ride Summer Session: Portland to Santa Barbara - June 17 to July
10*

Climate Ride is a local Missoula non-profit organization that organizes
life-changing charitable events across the country to raise awareness and
support sustainability, active transportation, and environmental causes.

We're excited to announce Climate Ride's newest program, Summer Session
2016 - Portland to Santa Barbara.

Climate Ride's Summer Session is a 3-week, 1,200-mile charity bike trip for
18-24 year-olds from Portland, OR to Santa Barbara, CA to raise awareness
and support for bike advocacy and sustainability causes. Passing through
some of the Pacific Coast's most impressive scenery, it's an adventure you
will never forget.

The goal of the trip is to connect participants with Climate Ride's
beneficiary organizations and other local partners to learn more about
sustainability and active transportation initiatives from a variety of
perspectives, empowering this group of young adults to be more active in
the movement in their own communities.

In order to participate, riders must fundraise a minimum of $3,500 for the
Climate Ride beneficiary organizations of their choice. There are more than
100 beneficiaries to choose from!

The trip is van-supported and facilitated by two experienced Climate Ride
leaders, and as part of this learning experience, participants will be
responsible for day-to-day logistics such as camp set-up and clean-up, food
planning, and other on-the-road responsibilities as outlined by trip
leaders. Nightly accommodations are tent camping at campsites along the
route and participants are responsible for sharing daily meal preparations.

Space is limited to 20 participants. Please help us spread the word to any
young adults you think would be interested! I've attached a flyer you're
welcome to share.

For more information: www.climateride.org/events/summer-session
Contact: summersession at climateride.org, 406-493-6315

Michelle Levitus