[MCN] MCN post (Participate in Climate Smart Missoula's Open Air Art Show)

Becca Boslough r.j.boslough at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:32:48 EST 2016

*Call for Submissions:  ‘Adaptation and Resilience’ Open Air Art Show*

*Everyone can create art, especially when you get your friends and family
together. Help spark a community conversation on climate resiliency!*

Teams of 3 or more will work together to create art on 7' freestanding
panels made out of repurposed, hollow-core doors donated by Home ReSource.
The project and show are intended to inspire a community conversation on
what climate resilience and adaptation means to Missoula.  This is a
project of Climate Smart Missoula <http://www.missoulaclimate.org/> and is
free and open to the public. Supplies are provided, and we encourage anyone
to apply!

If "Climate Resiliency" seems hard to envision for kids (or anyone!) think
about preparing our communities for change - should we grow more trees,
plant more food, save special places, work together in unique ways,
transport ourselves differently?  Tap into your creativity!

We even supply the paint...

*Let us know if you are interested by February 29th. Check out our website
for more information or to signup!
<http://www.missoulaclimate.org/open-air-art-show.html>  *

All art pieces will be displayed outside the University Center at UM's
Campus in late April as well as separate showings on campus and the
community.