[MCN] Climate Smart Events tonight and tomorrow

Amy Cilimburg amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Thu Jun 2 14:19:09 EDT 2016

Events - Tonight and Tomorrow - (sorry for late posting)

*June 2 - Thursday's Climate Smart Monthly Meetup - Urban and Wildland
Forests and Open Lands*
What is the nexus of urban forestry, open lands and climate? Climate Smart
Missoula is partnering with our friends who love to grow things, and
understand why we should all grow more. Join in the discussion Thursday,
June 2 at Imagine Nation Brewing <http://imaginenationbrewing.com/>. 5 - 7
pm with short presentation at ~ 5:20. Here's the Facebook event
<http://missoulaclimate.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6189f5658e7f8d318e2c473aa&id=0f11deb04e&e=04aad07e46>.
(Monthly meetups are the first Thursday of the month at INB - the topic
schedule and more are here
<http://www.missoulaclimate.org/happenings--calendar.html>).

*We know there are many, many fun options for First Friday - here's
another:*

*June 3 - Friday's Downtown Parklet and First Friday Art Show*
Climate Smart will be hosting a *Parklet* on Higgins in front of the
Florence (Red Bird Entrance). With our *Missoula in Motion* partners, we're
one of a handful of temporary parklets built for the day to create a more
festive downtown. Here's a cool map of all the parklets (and pianos too)
<http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=6f1023961e4e44ee9f1248a7cf4ab5f3>.

Stop by 10 am - 6 pm for coffee, to visit about Climate Smart, read a
magazine, or view art. We'll have a few of our art panels featured here and
the rest of the *Art Show* entitled Adaptation and Resiliency can be viewed
during *First Friday 4 - 8 pm, Higgins and Bank Street* by our new *Solar
Phone Charger* and Hunter Bay Coffee. Twelve teams of friends, classmates and
family members created big art with big ideas. Come see the results, the
artist's statements, and unique ways to envision a climate-resilient
Missoula. Have a glass of wine or coffee, and join the conversation that
this art is meant to inspire. More on Facebook
<http://missoulaclimate.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6189f5658e7f8d318e2c473aa&id=08b5ba5c39&e=04aad07e46>
or via our website
<http://missoulaclimate.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6189f5658e7f8d318e2c473aa&id=ae59af3174&e=04aad07e46>
.