[MCN] displaced family seeks short-term housing

Summer Nelson summerpnelson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:36:33 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

Our family had to move out of our home a couple weeks ago due to some
contamination issues that need to be addressed.  We've had the great
fortune of having a friend host us for many days now, and feel we should
give her her space back, as we've learned it will be at least another week
or so before we can move back home.

Does anyone have short-term housing available?  We've searched AirBNB and
VRBO but did not find anything that looked workable for the time we need.
Anyone have other rentals available that aren't posted on those sites?

We are two adults with two young kids, ages 4 and almost 15 months.  So
some level of baby-proofing would be nice (at least not lots of electrical
wires and fancy breakables at kid level) :) And a place that would welcome
small kids.  A place to sleep, cook, and hopefully do laundry would be
ideal, and we'd love to be along a good frequent bus line and/or walking
and biking distance to our jobs downtown.  We are looking to move into a
new spot by tomorrow if possible, and need a place at least until next
Wednesday, likely a bit longer.  We may be joined by my parents for a few
days, so if we find a place that could accommodate them as well, that would
be great!

Thanks for any leads,
Summer Nelson
summerpnelson at gmail.com