[MCN] "Peak fossil fuels" for electricity, and within a decade

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Fri Jun 17 11:11:27 EDT 2016

Excerpt: "The way we get electricity is about to change dramatically,
as the era of ever-expanding demand for fossil fuels comes to an
end-in less than a decade. That's according to a new forecast by
Bloomberg New Energy Finance that plots out global power markets for
the next 25 years.

"Call it peak fossil fuels, a turnabout that's happening not because
we're running out of coal and gas, but because we're finding cheaper
alternatives. Demand is peaking ahead of schedule because electric
cars and affordable battery storage for renewable power are arriving
faster than expected, as are changes in China's energy mix.

"Here are eight massive shifts coming soon to power markets."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-13/we-ve-almost-reached-peak-fossil-fuels-for-electricity?ftcamp=crm/email//nbe/energysource/product
--

-------