[MCN] Overturning Citizens United Event this Thursday June 23rd.

CB Pearson cbpearson at mrss.com
Mon Jun 20 15:31:25 EDT 2016

*Building the Base to Overturn “Citizens United”:*

*How We Pass the 28th Amendment to the US Constitution.*

*Hon. James C. Nelson (former Montana Supreme Court Justice) and Jeff
Clements (Author of Corporation Are Not People and the President of
American Promise) will be at the University of Montana Law School at 7:00
pm on June 23rd to speak about why and how to overturn the controversial
Supreme Court decision in “Citizens United”.*

The U.S. Supreme Courts’ decision in Citizens United vs. FEC allowed
corporation to be considered people, allowing infinite spending on
political campaigns. That landmark decision has seen our legislative and
executive branches flooded with corporate and lobbying money, suppressing
most Americans’ voices and their votes while maintaining unjust
representation in our government. Now Montanans can join the nationwide
effort to add the 28th Amendment to the US Constitution, overturning this
unjust decision.

“The original framers were highly distrustful of the power of corporations.
I suspect that the framers would be appalled at Citizens United. We the
People—each of us—are only the most recent generation of Americans who have
been called upon to defend the framers’ vision of a Constitutional
government Of the People, By the People, and For the People. That
responsibility is now ours.” Hon. James C. Nelson

“Every generation of Americans has used the Constitutional amendment
process to overturn the Court and renew the American Promise. Now it’s our
turn.” Jeff Clements

WHAT:  Join the Hon. James C. Nelson and Jeff Clements for a forum on how
Citizens United drastically changed the political landscape and why it must
be overturned to give back Americans meaningful civic participation and
representation, as the Constitution promises. As Hon. James C. Nelson says,
“Citizens United and its predecessors teach that money is speech. And as
money corrupts, enough of it corrupts absolutely”.

WHO:  Hon. James C. Nelson, Jeff Clements, Governor Steve Bullock, Rep.
Frank Garner (R), Rep. Christy Clark (R), Fmr. Montana Secretary of State
Bob Brown,

WHEN: Thursday, June 23, 2016

7:00PM – 8:30 PM

WHERE: Alexander Blewett III School of Law – University of Montana
(Missoula)

32 Campus Dr. Missoula, MT 59812

COSPONSORS: American Promise, Free Speech For People, Common Cause Montana,
Stand with Montanans, MontPIRG, American Constitution Society Law Student
chapter at the University of Montana Law School, Move to Amend – Missoula,
Montana Trial Lawyers Association

*For more information go to:  **http://www.standwithmontanans.org/*
<http://www.standwithmontanans.org/>

*C.B. Pearson *

Senior Vice President

[image: Photo]

P.O. Box 5800 | Missoula, MT 59806

406-549-2848 ext.1 (o) | 406-544-0032 (m) | cbpearson at mrss.com

www.mrss.com | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/MRCampaigns> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/mrcampaigns>

*Our Missoula office has moved!*

As of April 15, 2016, you can find us at:

526 E. Front Street | Missoula MT 59802
Telephone numbers remain the same.