[MCN] Calendar Item

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center peace at jrpc.org
Thu Jun 23 17:38:12 EDT 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Betsy Mulligan-Dague, 543-3955 or peace at jrpc.org

The July Jeanette Rankin Peace Center monthly potluck will host Chris
Siegler,  5:30 Sunday, July 10 at 519 S. Higgins.  Chris  is organizing a
Cassava farm and processing plant in Sierra Leone.  He served in the Peace
Corp 1967-67 in Sierra Leone and has networked there since.  The farm is a
partnership between Missoula Family YMCA and the Sierra Leone YMCA
beginning in 2006.  He did  community outreach for Saint Patrick's hospital
and facilitated many  projects in Missoula, including the North Missoula
Community Development Corp, Montana Youth Homes and Missoula Food Bank.
Currently he is a board member of Right Sharing of World Resources,  a
Quaker organization that makes grants to women’s coops in Sierra Leone,
India and Kenya; and Board member of Village Hope, Inc, a non-profit which
tries to reduce poverty through the development of sustainable agricultural
business formation.  The Peace Center holds monthly potlucks to encourage
community sharing and dialogue with topics of interest to our community.
Please contact us with question s or ideas. We hope you will join us for
community meal and fellowship, and hear Chris' fascinating work. All are
welcome, with or without food!

Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
...working to build a world that is nonviolent, socially just and
environmentally sustainable...
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: 406-543-3955