[MCN] Money-politics: Free speech? or is it Secret speech?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sun Jun 26 19:51:29 EDT 2016

Washington Post--10 hours ago --"It's getting
harder to know who is funding political
advertising at the state level as more money
becomes anonymous or is filtered from one
political action committee to another, a new
study finds."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/report-its-harder-to-know-whos-paying-for-political-ads/2016/06/26/20cb8962-3b9b-11e6-9e16-4cf01a41decb_story.html

When we don't know who the speaker is, do we
still protect his or her or its speech on the
same basis as we protect public speech?

--
=================================
"Free oxygen not only supports life; it arises from life."

"Louis Pasteur discovered that very sensitive
organisms such as obligate anaerobes cannot
tolerate oxygen concentrations above about 1
percent of the present atmospheric level."

"What one can say with confidence is that success
in understanding the oxygen cycle of the
biosphere in truly broad terms will depend on how
good we are at weaving together the related
strands of biospheric, atmospheric, hydrospheric
and lithospheric evolution throughout geologic
time."

"Š. the earth's atmosphere is so thoroughly mixed
and so rapidly recycled through the biosphere
that the next breath you inhale will contain
atoms exhaled by Jesus at Gethsemane and Adolf
Hitler at Munich."

Preston Cloud and Aharon Gibor. "The Oxygen Cycle."
Scientific American, September 1970