[MCN] For Immediate Release

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center peace at jrpc.org
Tue May 17 13:32:55 EDT 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Betsy Mulligan-Dague, 543-3955 or peace at jrpc.org

*The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center is Hosting their Second Annual
Un-conference on Saturday, June 11, 8:30 am-5:30 pm at University
Congregational Church (405 University Ave., Missoula) *

The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center presents “Roots & Wings: How Will You
Take Radical Responsibility for a Better World” a day-long “un-conference”.
The JRPC has been the Roots of peace in our community for 30 years. The
conference will build on that foundation to look at how we can all become
the wings of peace in our communities. We are asking how to reach deep into
all our individual and collective strength, courage, and resources to take
responsibility for extending those benefits out to seven generations and
beyond, to take a radical stand for possibility and potential.

At the un-conference, four lightning speakers​, including Alexandra "Rain"
Smith, Amy Cilimburg and Joshua Slotnick​ will ignite the participants with
their individual passions for peacemaking. Using Open Space Meeting
Technology facilitated by Harold Shinsato, JRPC members, friends, and
community members will be invited to nominate and host any topic related to
the theme. These will become simultaneous, fluid break-out sessions in
which participants share ideas, inspire each other, and engage on the most
powerful topics of interest. At the close, participants will be invited to
an evening reception in the UCC Courtyard with snacks and music provided by
Lawrence Dunca​n to celebrate the 30th anniversary of JRPC, the roots of
peace in Missoula. Free for JRPC members; $20 for non-members. Lunch,
snacks, and evening reception included. More information and online
registration is at jrpc.org.

Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
...working to build a world that is nonviolent, socially just and
environmentally sustainable...
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: 406-543-3955