[MCN] Couple Seeking Longer Term Rental (Starting August)

Stephen Hodgdon sbhodgdon at gmail.com
Tue May 31 01:37:41 EDT 2016

Hello All, my girlfriend and I are seeking a new place to live. As I'm sure
you've heard, this has become an even more daunting prospect recently, and
it can be frustrating to say the least. I've decided to forgo the usual
Craigslist postings and seek housing through alternative sources, and I
figured this list-serve would be a good start.

We would love to find a place to rent for at least two years while we save
for our own home and I develop my business, as the rental shuffle has grown
tiring. We would really like to have a yard to garden in, a decent kitchen,
and garage or storage space, and  at least hookups for a washer and dryer.
We would also like to be within 1.5-2 miles of downtown. Our price range is
$350-$450 per person plus utilities, and realistically, we know that
finding a space that meets our criteria and budget is more likely if we can
share it with a roommate or two. Finally, we would ideally move into a
place August 1st, or thereabouts, and could wait until as late as September
1st for the right situation.

I'm 37 and my girlfriend will be 30 in October. I have lived in Missoula
for 18 years and she for seven. I currently work for the Trailhead outdoor
store, and have in varying capacity for the past seven years. The past two
years I have also been working out of town traveling to oil spill cleanups
and other environmentally related projects. In my free time I've been
developing a food-based business, which is why I will now be working more
locally for the foreseeable future.

My girlfriend works as a staff member for the Montana Conservation Corps
and has for four years. She spends a lot of time in the field in the summer
making visits to the crews for support. She is a graduate of UM as well and
has been involved in public land work for the past ten years. We both spend
as much of our time as we can outdoors either working or recreating.

If you have something or know of someone with a nice place for rent that is
somewhat close to what I've described, please reach out to us, we want to
entertain all options. We will be respectful, pay rent on time, and we both
have good credit and stable incomes. We are willing and able to maintain a
yard and shovel snow...and you won't have to fix the place after we live
there, I can promise that. I can be reached at 529-7260. Thanks for your
time,

Steve