[MCN] Citizen Science Trip to Sleeping Giant WSA 9/9-11/2016

James, Rachel Rachel.James at umontana.edu
Thu Sep 1 18:02:02 EDT 2016

Dear community:

We have several openings on the 9/9-11/2016 Citizen Science trip to the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study area near Helena.
If you are interested, please sign up soon<http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2087481/Wilderness-Institute-Citizen-Science-Program-Volunteer-Application-Form> and consider forwarding this email to anyone you know that may be interested.

As usual the trips are free and open to the public, transportation and delicious dinners are provided. Dan, our top notch field leader this season, is excited to work with you to evaluate for wilderness character in this unique part of Montana and to learn about monitoring methods, recreation impacts, invasive species, native plants, and the natural history and wildlife of the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study Area!

Read on to learn more about this summer’s Citizen Science opportunities<http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/education/citizen-science/volunteer.php#volunteer>:

As always, our trips are free and open to the public and entail the following:

  *   3-6-day trips into the backcountry;
  *   Opportunity to learn about invasive species, native plants, wilderness character monitoring methods, and the natural history of vast wilderness areas and smaller wilderness study areas;
  *   Backcountry experience is helpful but not necessary (please review specific trip descriptions to pick the right trip for your ability level);
  *   Dinners provided daily; and
  *   Transportation is available from Missoula as well as selected towns in study vicinity.
Learn more about the location and purpose of each trip on the Citizen Science Program website<http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/education/citizen-science/volunteer.php> and sign up online today<http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2087481/Wilderness-Institute-Citizen-Science-Program-Volunteer-Application-Form#survey>!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Rachel
[cid:AF59A769-A19D-48D8-875C-F50891885F90]
Rachel James
Citizen Science Outreach Coordinator
The Wilderness Institute
The University of Montana