[MCN] Missoula U.Lab Hub invitation

Jenny Mish jenny at one4alldevelopment.com
Tue Sep 6 18:53:30 EDT 2016

We are writing to invite you to be part of a group of thought leaders seeking to help shape the future that is emerging. The goal of this conversation is to activate and strengthen our capacity to lean into that future—individually and collectively.
The organizing approach is U.Lab, a free MIT online course that has been attended by over 90,000 people around the world. It was developed at MIT’s Presencing Institute <https://www.presencing.com/> by Otto Scharmer. It blends mindfulness, design, and systems theories in a method called “Theory U.” The course is called “Leading from the Emerging Future: Transforming Business, Society, and Self.”
Watch this 3 minute video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF8wV9OlUHc> for more information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF8wV9OlUHc <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF8wV9OlUHc>
(Lots more about U.lab is available online)
We are forming a Missoula U.Lab live “Hub" beginning September 13. Many dozens of other Hubs are starting around the world at the same time. Would you like to join the conversation?
Join us Tuesday September 13, 2016 – 8-10am – to learn more and determine your interest:

Learn more about U.Lab and the Missoula Hub.
Meet other participants and learn why they are interested.
Define principles of relationship, how the group agrees to work together.
Weekly conversations will take place each Thursday 8-10am September 15-December 15.

We invite alums and anyone taking the course to join the conversation as your schedule allows.
Weekly Hub meetings will include four Live-streamed sessions from U.Lab.
We aim to build Missoula U.Lab Hub momentum, to be shaped by the emerging process.
Location - At least the first two sessions (Tuesday and Thursday, Sept 13 & 15) will take place at the Swift Center conference room at 315 S. 4th St. in Missoula, thanks to Ecology Project International. EPI hosted the first Missoula U.Lab Hub last fall and enthusiastically encourages their staff and communities to learn and apply Theory U.
Why participate? Society is in the midst of a great transition. Many believe that the profound disruption we are witnessing in the world has to do with the end of an era, and the birth of a new way of living together on earth. We are gradually learning that the focus on ME has to shift to WE, that bigger isn’t always better, and that the corporate and political systems need to morph or be replaced by more human-oriented, localized, and more truly democratic and socially just approaches.
Otto Scharmer describes this as “updating our economic logic and operating system from an obsolete ‘ego-system’ focused entirely on the well-being of oneself to an eco-system awareness that emphasizes the well-being of the whole.”
Prerequisite -A 90 minute online prerequisite course is required to register for the full U.Lab course. Learn more, register for both and take the 90-minute course here <https://www.edx.org/course/awareness-based-systems-change-u-lab-how-mitx-15-671-0x> (https://www.edx.org/course/awareness-based-systems-change-u-lab-how-mitx-15-671-0x <https://www.edx.org/course/awareness-based-systems-change-u-lab-how-mitx-15-671-0x>).
The onus is on each one of us to be part of catalyzing change locally, leading to global societal change.
Will you join us? <> Please RSVP to Jenny or Suzanne or contact us for more info at:
Suzanne Wilcox: swilcox18 at gmail.com <mailto:swilcox18 at gmail.com>, 406-459-0449 <tel:406-459-0449>
Jenny Mish: jenny at one4alldevelopment.com <mailto:jenny at one4alldevelopment.com>, 406-240-6474