[MCN] This Weekend: First Ever Missoula Old Time Social!

Kali Orton orton.kali.e at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 14:21:59 EDT 2017

Hello Folks!

Missoula Folklore Society presents the first ever Missoula Old Time Social,
April 20-22!

The Missoula Old Time Social is a family-friendly gathering celebrating Old
Time music and dance. All are invited and encouraged to participate — pick
up an instrument or hone your skills, learn to clog, try your hand at
square dancing, take the cake in a cakewalk.

There is something for everyone and activities are open to beginners and
experts, alike. The Missoula Old Time Social is all about having a good old
time. All Missoula Old Time Social activities are FREE!

*Schedule*

*Thursday April 20* -- Open Old Time Jam, Montgomery Distillery, 6 - 8 pm

*Friday April 21* -- Family Friendly Concert with Sally & Steve O'Neill &
Megaload, The Top Hat, 6 - 8 pm

*Saturday April 22* -- All-day events at The Public House, noon - 11 pm:

12 pm - Doors Open

12:30 pm - Showcase

1 - 5 pm - Workshops in fiddle, banjo, guitar, yodeling, clogging, square
dance calling, shape note singing, kids' fiddle (full workshop schedule
coming soon on website, missoulaoldtimesocial.com)

5 - 6 pm - Family Dance

8 - 11 pm - Community Square Dance & Cakewalk

Jamming all day!

Please see our website <http://missoulaoldtimesocial.com/> for a full list
of artists and a complete schedule. The entire event is FREE admission,
thanks to volunteer power and our generous sponsors.

The Missoula Old Time social is supported in part by a grant from the
Montana Arts Council, an agency of the State Government.

We are also grateful for the support of the Gadd/Merrill Fund of the
Country Dance and Song Society and the Good Food Store, as well as other
local businesses, individuals, and musicians. Please see our website for a
full list of sponsors.

We hope you can join in the fun! Please spread the word far and wide.

Interested in volunteering? Questions? Please email
missoulaoldtime at gmail.com.