[MCN] Sussex School Teaching Opportunity

Joellen Shannon joellen at sussexschool.org
Mon Apr 24 10:42:41 EDT 2017

*Sussex School**Grade 5 & 6 STEM Teacher with Science Emphasis*

Sussex School is launching an integrated Science Technology Engineering and
Math (STEM) program next year in grades 5-8.  We are seeking a
collaborative STEM teacher with a strong science background to lead the
grades 5 & 6 programs.  Additional responsibilities will include grade 6
homeroom and other duties depending on the candidate’s strengths and areas
of interest.

This teacher will co-design a program that meets our science and math
curricular objectives while seeking meaningful integration between the
subjects using the lenses and content of science, technology, engineering,
and math.  The STEM program at Sussex will focus on developing the
students’ use of scientific process, mathematical thinking and practices,
and problem-solving abilities. Topics of instruction vary annually.  For
perspective, recent science units have included: atomic structure and
function, cell anatomy, forces, motion, electricity/magnetism, genetics,
and evolution.  Further information about our science and math curricula
can be found on our website in the curriculum section.

FTE has potential range from .8-1 and will depend on the candidate’s
additional areas of strength and interest.  Starting full-time salary
ranges between $30,000 and $36,000 (based on 33.5 hour work week),
depending on experience and training. Health and retirement benefits are
provided.

The application deadline is April 24 or until filled. Please send resume,
philosophy of education, and three letters of recommendation to:
employ at sussexschool.org.

--
Joellen Shannon
Sussex School